Ethan taking it all in at Machu Picchu
1. Peru has the longest left wave in the world (for surfing).
2. Francisco Pizarro, the Spanish conquistador, founded Lima. Lima was the home of the Spanish inquisition for two centuries.
3. Lima is home to the largest Chinatown in South America.
4. Machu Picchu remained hidden from the world for more than four centuries, until American Hiram Bingham discovered it in 1911.
5. Lima is the second largest capital city in the world located in a desert, after Cairo, Egypt. (how random that we have visited both cities in the last 6 months)