Friday, August 20, 2010

Grateful

We are once again sitting in an airport waiting to board a flight that will take us off on a new adventure.
We made an unscheduled detour to Nashville two weeks ago to be with my family, and the word that keeps coming to my mind is grateful.

I am so grateful that we have this time in flux, and that we can change plans, re-route, and be somewhere in a moments' notice (relatively). This is not possible when tethered to a desk. Even though we'll be back at our desks soon enough, I am grateful for this chance to travel, learn a bit about the world, and for the chance to spend the last week of my grandpa's life by his side. I feel pretty blessed to have had such a kind, loving, and supportive grandfather, and am so grateful that I got to be with my family to toast him and his life!

Now...off to Nicaragua! Grandpa Shep would insist!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment